S3 compatible storage
This connector allows using a remote S3-compliant storage as datasource for Pydio Cells, for instance you can connect your cells to a minio storage.
Under the hood, an object service is started in Gateway mode using the Api KEY/SECRET that you will provide.
- Bucket name: the name of the bucket on the remote storage where the data will be stored.
- S3 Api Key: the API key (can be seen as a login) that identifies you.
- S3 Api Secret: the API secret (can be seen as a password) that completes the identification process giving you the ability to store your data inside this bucket.
- Internal Path: Additional Path appended to the bucket name when querying the remote storage.
- Custom Endpoint: If the remote storage is Amazon S3, you can leave this empty. Otherwise, provide right here the http/https URL for to the s3-compatible storage.
How to configure Amazon S3 storage and minio
We provide you with 2 examples of connections with S3 storages, you can use them to understand how the datasources interact with the S3 connectors.
Connect with Amazon S3 Storage
To connect your datasource to your S3 bucket you need to authenticate the S3 storage using credentials which are composed of an accessKey and a secretKey, in your amazon s3 instance they match as the following,
- S3 Api key:
access key id
- S3 Api secret:
secret access key
you can get them on your amazon aws account, here is a piece of documentation from the amazon doc that will point you to the right place, https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/wheres-my-secret-access-key/.
then once you have all of the informations and assuming that you have already created your bucket, these are the mandatory fields to get your datasource to work:
- Bucket name: your amazon S3 created bucket name.
- S3 Api key: the
access key idthat you retrieve as explained above
- S3 Api secret: the
secret access keythat you retrieve as explained above
(optional parameters) - Internal path: you can make the datasource point to a specific "folder" in your s3 storage.
Connect with Minio Storage
To connect with a minio storage, first you need to retrieve your minio server AccessKey and SecretKey ( there is many ways for that, you can also define them yourself), the details can be found inside minio's documentation.
Then you will need to fill the fields as the following:
- Bucket name: pretty straightforward your bucket name that you created with minio.
- S3 Api Key: the
accessKeythat you retrieved as explained above.
- S3 Api Secret: the
secretKeythat you retrieved as explained above.
- Internal Path: if you want to point to a specific "folder" (sort of speaking) in your bucket (it's an optional parameter).
- Custom Endpoint: is the address where your Minio server is running, usually
<address>:9000, for instance