File Gateway™ allows you to serve your Pydio public links through a dedicated url, avoiding to show your own server's address
IMPROVE THE SECURITY OF YOUR INSTALLATION
THE MOST SECURE WAY TO SHARE PUBLIC LINKS
- File Gateway is a unique service proposed by Pydio to help you secure your installation. When you share a Pydio public link with an external person, the link will "by design" show to external parties the base URL of your Pydio installation, like "https://yourdomain.tld/pydio.public/unique_hash"
- To avoid disclosing this base URL, File Gateway is a proxy that will allow you to transform the previous public link format into "https://anotherdomain.tld/another_unique_hash"
- People accessing this link will never see your base URL, allowing you to improve the overall security of your installation
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
- Pydio comes with an embedded internal router component. In previous versions, the large variety of requests required to implement complex rewrite rules for Pydio to handle them.
- With Pydio, all requests are now served from a unique index.php access point, including public shares
- Thus, it is now possible for companies looking to maximize the security of their installation to proxy their shares to another domain, keeping their server address confidential
- File Gateway is included in our Standard+ Offering