Webdav server access
Webdav protocol is integrated out of the box in Pydio Cells.
You can access your server with a webdav client and valid credentials at the following address:
I have a Pydio Cells installed on a server that I can access at
http://192.168.0.1:8080: therefore to access the webdav, I would have to use the following address
With domain names, it goes the same: if your pydio's domain name is
example.com then use
- List and browse of workspaces and cells depending on current user rights and permissions.
- Copy, move, rename, delete of files and folders.
- Upload and download.
- For the time being, webdav is incompatible with self-signed certificates.
- Webdav is not a sync client. If you are off-line and therefore have no access to your server, you will not be able to interact with your files. Proceed with caution.
- If you are running Cells behind a reverse proxy, you must forward webdav related headers along with the forwarded requests (using the transparent directive usually does the trick).
Compatible webdav clients
Following clients have been tested and are known to work with a recent Pydio Cells (v1.5+):
- MacOS finder
- Windows explorer
- Ubuntu (and other Linux distributions)
- Cyberduck client (Windows and MacOS client)
You can find a short setup guide for each one of them in our knowledge base.Back to top