Pydio Cells & Enterprise 4.1.0
We are pleased to announce the release of version 4.1 of Pydio Cells / Cells Connect / Cells Enterprise. Since its release three months ago, Cells v4 has been widely adopted, upgrades from previous major versions were battle-tested, and we have been tirelessly working to address any issues that arose (hence this 8th bugfix release since 4.0.0).
Upgrade From Cells v3 Now!
We are proud to say that version 4 is now stable and performing well, and we strongly encourage you to upgrade from version 3! If you are ready, make sure to read the instructions to avoid the common pitfalls of upgrading v3 to v4.
In a nutshell, here are a couple of things to watch out during upgrade:
- Authentication Tokens are refreshed: you will be logged out after upgrade.
- DB Collation Issue: a Mysql/Maria issue can arise for old DBs (see upgrade page for applicable script).
- Cells Sites Configuration: except for Let's Encrypt settings, the "Bind Address" must now be an IP and not a domain name.
- Cell Sync Client compatibility: datasources have an updated hashing mechanism, you may (or may not) have to upgrade your Cells Sync client.
Cells v4 is a major leap forward for clustered deployments. It features a brand-new microservices engine for unparalleled performance, and a new dependency management making it much easier to delegate core services to cloud standards. Along with tons of bug fixes, new features, or improvements, here are some key features:
- Pydio Cells 4 is fully cloud-ready: Cells 4.0’s new simplified core works in single-node as well as complex multi-node configurations – all the way from Raspberry Pi to Kubernetes clusters. Learn More.
- [Ent] Automate everything with Cells Flows: new features, new components, new Flows ready-to-use templates, Cells Flows can help you with long-term maintenance, business process management, integration with your third-party systems, and many other subjects! Learn more.
Cells v4.1.0 Bugfixes
- Fixed MongoDB handling of massive activities purge
- Added support for TLS and Authentication for ETCD registry
- Fix UX issue when searching on a "Rating" metadata field
- [Ent] Support advanced policies on metadata namespaces
- New Documentation pages about Recommended Architectures and Admin Delegation.
- Pydio Cells 4.1.0 - Linux - AMD64 - Linux 64bits : Download
- Pydio Cells 4.1.0 - MacOS - AMD64 - Mac : Download
- Pydio Cells 4.1.0 - Windows - AMD64 - Windows 64bits : Download
- Pydio Cells 4.1.0 - Linux - ARM64 - Linux : Download
- Pydio Cells 4.1.0 - Linux - ARM - Linux 32bits : Download
- Pydio Cells Connect / Enterprise - Linux - AMD64 - Linux : Download
- Pydio Cells Connect / Enterprise - MacOS - AMD64 - Mac : Download
Need to Balance Ease-of-Use with Security? Pydio Cells Can Help.
If your organization is serious about secure document sharing and collaboration you need to check out Pydio Cells. Cells was developed specifically to help enterprises balance the need to collaborate effectively with the need to keep data secure.
With robust admin controls, advanced automation capabilities, and a seamless, intuitive end-user experience Pydio is the right choice for organizations looking to balance performance and security without compromising on either. Try Cells live for yourself. Or click on the button below to talk to a Pydio document sharing specialist.Talk to an expert